Lipschitz was well worth the name and the wait!!! We were in there about 15 minutes and we have a diagnosis. We also have to do some further testing to check to see if there is something other than "fun excitement" that triggers her, but I'm so happy!!!!
We went in, and let me just say, this Doctor looks more like a hotter Lenny Kravitz!! Stunning....anyway....
He read through the notes in the referral, asked Kenze some questions, asked me some questions, I explained how an episode went from start to finish and he stood up and got ready to examine Kenze.
"You already know what it is don't you?" - Lenny
"I think I know what it might be, but I haven't been at school as long as you so I'll let you tell me." - Me
"Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome" - Lenny
I don't care what people say, you can research something and try and find out what might be wrong with your child. I certainly didn't hang my hat on this being the diagnosis and I didn't even hint to him that it is what I thought it was. Lenny handed me a pamphlet and said "Bit of light reading....I wrote it."
It is on Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome (CVS). He had it as a child through to his teenage years...perfect Doctor. He knows what she has been going through, he can actually sympathise with her, not just empathise!! You have no idea how amazing it was to know she is not alone and that not only does she have a great Doctor, but that she is diagnosed in less than a year and it is something we can give her something to ease the episodes!!!
She has been prescribed tablets. Yay!! And they are not too expensive...Yay!!
Now for the down-side. Because her results came back with high white blood cells in her urine, they want to test her for polycycstic kidneys. We have to do another urinalysis and see how that goes. If it is all clear, it would seem to be a "fun excitement" trigger. If it comes back abnormal again we will have to get her checked out with an ultrasound and begin some further tests...it may explain what triggers the episodes though. Either way, it is all a step forward and I'm feeling more equipped to help her through her episodes!!!
Thanks for all your support so far. We are nearly well and truly out of the woods and just bumping along a track!! Don't want her to grow up, but I can't wait for her to grow out of this.
Kelly x
Imagine waking up with a pain and within seconds needing to rush to the toilet to vomit. Imagine this happening over 20 times in an hour, with no more than 2 minutes between each vomiting spell. Imagine having to have your hair held back every single time, going into an almost coma like state in between bouts and knowing it's going to happen every 2 weeks. NOW, imagine you are 7 and have been told its going to be like that until you are a teenager and possibly into adulthood.
Kenze and her little sister
Princesses
please feel fre to follow myself and as well i have a facebook page http://www.facebook.com/groups/25359810136/ i started it 5 years ago when i was diagnosed, now there is over 800 members. People find support and comfort knowing that there are others out there that know what they are going threw.
ReplyDeleteTonia