Kenze and her little sister

Kenze and her little sister
Princesses

Sunday, 1 January 2012

Cycle day 5

The last couple of days have been pretty boring uneventful. We have been hanging out just trying to stay cool. I've worked a double shift and because I can't say no, I've accepted more shifts...you think I'd learn. Kenze has been quiet, just spending time reading and hanging out. We haven't "planned" anything as such and we won't be telling her about the things we've planned, see if that changes things a bit. Our routine is a bit out of whack, but that's to be expected on school holidays. Hopefully I can get back into the swing of things when I'm in a better sleep routine as well. Being so hot doesn't help at all!! The house is terrible, it heats up quick and then holds the heat long after it is nice outside. Thankfully it is much cooler downstairs and the kids have been spending lots of time down in the "dungeon".

We have some good things coming up. Off to a few cricket matches with the kids, going to pick up my Dad and bring him down for some family time. We've mentioned it to Kenze, but won't again until we are there pretty much. We are off to a fantastic swimming pool/aquatic centre. Again, mentioned it a while back to Kenze, but hopefully she's forgotten and we can tell her when it's happening. Going to catch up with wonderful friends (Kenze's best mate...can't hide that from her unfortunately) and then old neighbours who have always been amazing friends and who we miss dearly. Big few days, but will all be worth it.

Not a lot else happening. I'm loving being on school holidays and having Kenze home with us. She is growing up so fast and today she came out with a pretty little dress on and blinged it up with a white belt, she looked amazing and so grown up. I'm so proud of her. She doesn't let anything affect her. Other than the occassional biffs between her and her little blister sister, their relationship is strong. I only hope they grow up to have as close a relationship as her and her big bro have. Now that is precious to watch!!!

Ok, have babbled randomly enough now. Time to sleep...again.

Goodnight all x

No comments:

Post a Comment